May 25, 2015
Affordable Housing & Homelessness
April 14, 2015 meeting
9:30 am - 12:00 noon
The Empower Missouri headquarters is moving to a new location on April 13-14, so the Affordable Housing and Homelessness Task Force will have a special meeting site for their April 14, 9:30 a.m.-noon meeting. Please come to the conference room at:
Missouri Association for Community Action (MACA)
2014 William Street
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Join us via telephone: 1-712-432-1500 with passcode #167856#
Please RSVP regarding your attendance, whether in Jefferson City or by telephone. For more information, call 314-775-3261, cell phone for our executive director, since our office phone lines will not be working on Monday and possibly Tuesday.
- Introduction of people at the meeting and on the phone
- Status of National Trust Fund and United for Homes Campaign
- Implementation of National Trust Fund in Missouri-update from meeting with MHDC
- Our role at July conference of Missouri Workforce Housing Association
- Exploration of strategies to increase the amount of state Trust Funds
- The cost of housing in St. Louis revisited
- Universal Design
- Homeless issues
- Set summer meeting schedule
Resources from past meetings:
The Affordable Housing and Homelessness Task Force is committed to increasing the supply of affordable, accessible housing, and reducing the numbers of homeless people in Missouri through the prioritization of rental, utility, and affordable housing assistance into the areas of greatest need.
- Actively support legislation increasing revenue for Missouri Housing Trust Fund.
- Preserve, Protect, and Upgrade Low-Income Housing Stock by:
- Opposing indiscriminate use of Eminent Domain;
- Supporting efforts toward an Energy Affordability Plan; and,
- Increasing Universal Design.
Interested in the Affordable Housing & Homelessness Task Force?
Contact Vickie Riddle you are interested.
To get more information on the task force and to read archived minutes, visit the ARCHIVES Page.